Inhibace Plus Cilazapril/Hydrochlorothiazide and/or alternatives
Inhibace Plus is a combination drug that contains two active ingredients - Cilazapril and Hydrochlorothiazide. Cilazapril is an ACE inhibitor while Hydrochlorothiazide is a diuretic pill, also known as thiazide diuretics.
Cilazapril and Hydrochlorothiazide work very well in terms of controlling and lowering blood pressure levels. Your doctor might ask you to buy Inhibace Plus for other conditions as well. The medicine is available as Inhibace Plus 5/12.5 mg tablets. Each tablet contains 5 mg of Cilazapril and 12.5 mg of Hydrochlorothiazide.
Indications & Dosage of Inhibace Plus
Cilazapril is an ACE inhibitor that relaxes the blood vessels and allows for the better flow of oxygen and blood to different parts of the body. Hydrochlorothiazide controls blood pressure by getting rid of excess salt and water in the body. This combination is known to work well for the treatment of mild to moderate high blood pressure.
Typically, you would need to take each medication separately before starting on the combination dose. The dosage is Cilazapril 5 mg + hydrochlorothiazide 12.5 mg tablet to be taken once daily. The exact dosage would depend on individual response to the medication, and on their liver and kidney function. It is recommended that you take the drug at the same time each day.
Side Effects & Interactions of Inhibace Plus
At least 1% of Inhibace Plus patients have reported the following side effects:
- Cough and cold-like symptoms
- Consistent headache
- Increased frequency of urination
In rare cases, the drug can lead to serious problems including:
- abdominal swelling
- chest pain
- muscle ache and joint pain
- numbness in hands and feet
- liver disorder symptoms such as abdominal pain, nausea/vomiting, and itchy skin
- low blood pressure symptoms such as dizziness and lightheadedness
- serious allergic reactions such as hives, swelling of the face, mouth and hands
In case you notice these or any other signs of discomfort when taking Inhibace Plus, discontinue the medication and seek immediate medical assistance.
Cilazapril and Hydrochlorothiazide can interact with other drugs and cause adverse reactions. Certain drugs that should be avoided when taking Inhibace Plus are -
- NSAIDs including Aspirin, Ibuprofen, Naproxen
- Potassium-sparing diuretics
- salt substitutes that contain Potassium
- Anti-diabetic medications
- Desensitization drugs containing wasp or bee venom
Warnings & Precautions of Inhibace Plus
Before you buy Inhibace Plus, inform your doctor about any prescription or non-prescription drugs that you are taking. As a general rule, Cilazapril-Hydrochlorothiazide combination is not prescribed to patients who are:
- allergic to any of the ingredients in this drug
- allergic to other medications belonging to the ACE inhibitors and Sulfonamide group
- are pregnant or breastfeeding
- have difficulty passing urine
- have a history of Angioedema or other allergic reactions after taking ACE inhibitors
The safety and effectiveness of Inhibace Plus has not been established in children. Also, if you are breastfeeding or pregnant, inform your doctor before using this drug.
Best Price Rx
3219 Yonge St
Toronto, ON, Canada
*Returns not accepted at this address.
Contact us for more information.
24 hours a day, 7 days a week