Ceftin Cefuroxime Axetil and/or alternatives
Ceftin has Cefuroxime Axetil as its active ingredient. This medicine falls under the category of cephalosporin antibiotics, and it is available in the form of oral tablets and oral suspension. Film-coated tablets are available in 250mg and 500mg strengths and also contain inactive ingredients including titanium dioxide, sodium lauryl sulfate, sodium benzoate, propylparaben, propylene glycol, microcrystalline cellulose, methylparaben, hypromellose, hydrogenated vegetable oil, croscarmellose sodium or colloidal silicon dioxide. When you buy Ceftin oral suspension, the powder that comes has to be reconstituted in water, per ml of which provides 125 or 250mg of Cefuroxime Axetil. Other inactive ingredients present in the oral suspension include xanthan gum, stearic acid, povidone K30, sucrose, aspartame, acesulfame potassium and tutti-frutti flavor.
Indications & Dosage of Ceftin
Ceftin is used for treating severe kinds of bacterial infections, including pharyngitis, tonsillitis, acute bacterial otitis media, acute bacterial maxillary sinusitis, acute bacterial exacerbation of chronic bronchitis, secondary bacterial infection of acute bronchitis, skin infections, urinary tract infections, early Lyme disease, or uncomplicated gonorrhea. The drug works by fighting the bacteria responsible for the infection in your body.
Depending on the type and severity of infection, the dosage may range from Ceftin 250mg to 1000mg per day. The duration of treatment may be from 5 to 20 days. Complete the full course of treatment even if you feel absolutely well before that. The symptoms may have been relieved, but the infection might not have been treated completely. If you stop taking Ceftin before completing the course, the infection may return.
Side Effects & Interactions of Ceftin
Side effects commonly associated with Ceftin include:
- Stomach pain, vomiting, nausea, stomach upset, gas, mild diarrhea
- Stuffy nose, cough
- Tight or stiff muscles, muscle pain
- Joint swelling or pain
- Drowsiness, headache
- Restlessness, hyperactivity, irritability
- Sores or white patches on the lips or in the mouth
- Unpleasant or unusual taste in the mouth
- Mild skin rash or itching
- Vaginal discharge or itching
- Diaper rash in infants taking Ceftin oral suspension
These are common side effects of the drug. However, you must inform your doctor at once if any of these worsen or persist. Also seek medical attention immediately if you develop any serious side effects of Ceftin. Such side effects include:
- Difficult or painful urination, stopped or decreased urination
- Increased thirst, weight gain, shortness of breath, swelling, loss of appetite
- Skin rash, severe tingling, bruising, muscle weakness, pain, numbness
- Throat soreness, fever, headache with blistering, red skin rash or peeling
- Yellowing of eyes or skin
- Bloody or watery diarrhea
- Chest pain, pounding or fast heartbeat
- Chills, flu symptoms, body aches
- Unusual bleeding
- Blood in urine
- Fever, weakness, confusion, dark urine
Your doctor will not recommend you to buy Ceftin if you are already taking blood thinners (e.g. warfarin), medicines for reducing stomach acid content (e.g. antacids, cimetidine or ranitidine), or diuretics (e.g. bumetanide or furosemide).
Warnings & Precautions of Ceftin
Inform your doctor beforehand if you have a kidney or liver disease, diabetes, history of an intestinal problem such as colitis or if you are malnourished. Special tests and dosage adjustments will be needed in such circumstances.
Best Price Rx
3219 Yonge St
Toronto, ON, Canada
*Returns not accepted at this address.
Contact us for more information.
24 hours a day, 7 days a week